Wednesday, March 31, 2010

News Reel - Dumpster Dog One Year Later

I don't think I blogged about this when the story first hit the papers last year ... in a nutshell, there was a 4 month old Shih Tzu puppy that was put in a cardboard box, its lid taped shut, and thrown into a dumpster in Toronto. The pup was found and the newspapers took the story and ran with it. Big news. Not that this sort of thing doesn't happen often but sometimes a poster-child is needed to remind people of the nasties out there.



One year later, "Charlie", the dumpster puppy is again hitting the papers; this time with a pupdate. Check it out. I thought we were due a happy ending (well, I know I needed one)



Abandoned dog wins the hearts of new family

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Aw, cute! I wonder who the dog pissed off so badly that they'd try to kill it. (Probably just by being a puppy... no, they are not toys!)

It was interesting to read the kid's comments in the sidebar - the owner wore his police gear when he took the dog to visit their classroom, and several of the kids were surprised to see empathy and kindness and get personal attention from a police officer. I'm a big fan of kids learning early that cops are humans, and pretty decent ones too.

DawgBlogger said...

OMG, I can't believe somebody would do that and call themselves a human!

So glad the puppy is doing so well now.

Dog Foster Mom said...

Hooray for happy endings - thanks for sharing this! I just discovered your blog and look forward to reading more posts! :-)

Unknown said...

GRRR. Yes for both Charlie and my Margie. So glad he was able to share Charlie w/his Angels :).