Wednesday, June 10, 2009

News Reel - Dog alerts family about intruder sitting in daughter's bedroom

Let's chalk one up for rescues today! How awesome is this ... Check out the following news story:

Dog alerts family about intruder sitting in daughter's bedroom

Apparently the dog was adopted only a few months earlier from Aussie Rescue of Minnesota. In my opinion, it is great when stories like this are printed in the paper. My hope is that it would encourage people to get rescue dogs (especially those people who think rescues are vicious creatures - trust me, there are many out there who believe this).

What great news for Aussie Rescue of Minnesota (as well as all other rescues out there!). Three cheers for Izzy!

10 comments:

mytwh said...

OT, but so horrible I had to share...a NY girl put her ex-friends kitten in the oven and COOKED it until it was dead!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/06/05/2009-06-05_evil_teen_who_tossed_cat_in_the_oven.html

I just can't believe it. What a sick @#$&! What is happening to our world?

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

mytwh ...

I hope she rots in jail. Unfortunately, she's a juvenile so she will probably get a slap on the wrist.

mytwh said...

I guess there's a petition to get her tried as an Adult. I hope it works.

GoLightly said...

aggggghhhh. mytwh, arghh.
That is one sick kid.



yay for Izzy though, Aussies rule, all others drool.
I am biased, though;)

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Great story! They may not have been alerted if they had bought a 6 week old puppy instead. Yeah, for adult rescues!

Jen

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Horrible about the kitten. I wish they would put that smiling-piece-of-$%#& in an oven and turn it on. Please sign the petition.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/332/petition-to-have-cheyenne-cherry-tried-as-adult

Jen

OldMorgans said...

Good for the dog & for those who publicized it.
That girl who killed the kitten needs major psychiatric care before she escalates.

oldmorgans.blogspot.com

Molly the Airedale said...

Great goin', Izzy! We are so proud of you!
Someone needs to shove that NY girlie in the oven and keep the door closed for a couple of hours and scare the pants off her! What a sick kid!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dog_geek said...

What a great story (except for the creepy guy in the little girl's bedroom part). Adopting a rescue dog definitely has its rewards, but this is icing on the cake.

By the way, I added you to my blog list! I meant to do it a while back, but I'm so slow about getting around to stuff like that!

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Love reading this story, hated that some @#$%^&*!!! pervert got into a young girls bedroom. let's hear it for the rescue dogs!!!

I can't read about the kitten, I just don't want to know...