Saturday, July 18, 2009

Featured Rescue - Parker the German Shorthaired Pointer

The breed standard for the German Shorthaired Pointer recommends an active family for this breed, but I've always found them to be fairly laid back dogs. They do require a fair amount of exercise, but what dog doesn't?

This is Parker. He's already been vaccinated and neutered and he's ready to go to his new/last home! The rescue estimates him to be somewhere between 6 and 8 years old - another older guy. Too many older guys in rescue if you ask me ...

6 comments:

Dog_geek said...

Laid back? Really? All the GSPs I have known have been near the top of the activity level spectrum - I don't think I have ever known one that I would have classified as laid back, or even close!

Unknown said...

Parker is cute. He could be laid back.. he's at that age. He looks like a good boy for a new home. Even I can be laid back.. if properly exercised.
norwood

sms stuff said...

What a nice and cute breed .How could it be laid back?.

shane rocket said...

SUCH a handsome face Parker has!!! He needs a pasture to run in and things to chase!

LilliGirl said...

I have an American Bulldog here in need of a home. I pulled him from the shelter myself as the rescues were all full. He was to be PTS after less than a week in the shelter.

He's HW-, UTD on shots, on HW preventative, totally housetrained but no good for a home with cats. He shows no dog or pople agression.

I'd love for you to "feature" him. You can read all about him on my blog and/or e-mail me at lstudevant@yahoo.com

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

Dog_Geek ...

Really? I've always known them to be laid back ... interesting ... I wonder if that has something to do with the owners? Most I've known have been busy but not unreasonably so. Some were active hunters but most were simply pets. I, personally, would still classify them as laid back.

Norwood ...

Ah the 'properly exercised' clause ... so many people forget the necessity of that :)