Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Featured Rescue - Nala the Border Collie / GSD mix

Well I left that last post up for a while - wanted to make sure as many readers saw it and read it as possible. I went through their animal listings but can't see which dog might have been left on March 22 ... therefore, I have decided to feature their black dog!



Nala is a Border Collie / German Shepherd Dog mix. Doesn't this picture just make you want to take her home?? Now THAT'S what I'm talking about when I say "you need a GOOD picture of any adoptable animal". The lighting is good. The angle is good. The fact that someone is sitting on the ground beside her is good too ... why? People picture themselves in the picture you take. Who doesn't want to hang out in the park with their loving dog? Doesn't matter that the leash is tight - would have been nice if we didn't see it but that's ok. Still an AWESOME picture. Kudos to the photographer for this one.
If you are interested in adopting Nala or any of the dogs at the Grey Bruce Animal Shelter, they encourage you to pick up the phone and call them (519) 372-1911. They will hold dogs for a few days or until the following weekend - WOW.

4 comments:

Paula said...

That's a good looking dog. I hope he gets adopted soon.

Visiting from BC Bloggers. Have a nice day! :)

Paula

Mommy Diary

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

She's gorgeous! You can send her to me!

I have to think that a BC/GSD cross is going to be one fun dog! She sure looks like she's ready for anything. And yes! Excellent photo!

*Amber* aka Suzy SINsation said...

That photo makes me smile. You're right, a great picture, and of a black dog no less! Getting him out in the sun, grinning like that does wonders.

Unknown said...

I am very amateur when it comes to taking photos of my dogs so I especially appreciate your critique of Nala's photo. And yes, I do just want to scoop her up and take her home - those ears win the day!