Friday, August 13, 2010

Featured Rescue Friday ~ Penny the Yorkshire Terrier (Yorkie)

Happy Friday everyone! I thought I'd post a Featured Rescue today ... There have been a lot of controversy about rescues buying old breeders from puppy mills and whether or not this perpetuates the problem ... I'm not getting into that today or poor Penny would never be Featured!




Penny spent her first 4 years in a wire cage "working" for a puppy mill. When she arrived in rescue she reportedly had "swollen, infected paws, ear infections and a very deep ulcer in her right eye". She has since had surgery to correct her eye and is recovering well. She is friendly with other dogs and ignores cats. Although she likes people well enough, there are some lingering trust issues that the potential adoptive home will have to work out.



If you are interested in offering Penny a home, please contact Marilyns Voice Inc. which is a 501(c) (3) registered non-profit corporation out of Mentor, OH run 100% by volunteers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Someday I will have a Yorkie. They are simply adorable and their only downfall, to me, is they are a terrier w/much more mind than my nose-brained hounds. I pray Penny finds a great home!

Jazevox said...

i hope Penny finds a great home, she is adorable and deserves a family who will love her. jazevox

Vera said...

Penny is so lovable! I hope she finds a new home soon :)

Dog said...

I would love to adopt Penny. However, I'm living in an apartment with no yard and no one's at home most of the time because I work in an office. I read from http://www.trainpetdog.com/dog-adopting.html that getting a dog is like having a baby- you have to be prepared. So, for now I can only adore dogs. Maybe someday I can have one.