Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Product Review - Saved Rescued Animals and the Lives They Transform

I recently had the opportunity to review a book called Saved Rescued Animals and the Lives They Transform by Karin Winegar. I said I would write a review and I am doing so today. "Saved is a beautifully illustrated tribute to rescued animals who have deeply affected the people who saved them"




If you enjoy a happy ending story, then you should read this book; it falls along the same lines as the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books. If you like this style, then this book is totally for you (however if you don't like this style then stay away!). It is well written and has been thoroughly researched (which is nice).




It took me a fair amount of time to read this book, mostly because I find I have less and less time to read nowadays. Personally, I found that it was a bit too mushy for me and focused more on the people than on the animals, which wasn't really what I had expected. I give it three out of four paws up. Just because it didn't do it for me doesn't mean it's not a great book.
You can find it on Chapters here and Amazon here (in paperback and in hardcover). Like I said, if you like this sort of book, then grab a copy.

1 comment:

SANDY said...

Too bad there aren't people and programs as fired up about rescuing people. I think that would be a tremendous step forward. Think of the mistreated people, the homeless people, the people who are abused....rescuing them just isn't as easy; but what a wonderful thing it would be if we could protect everyone.