Saturday, April 10, 2010

CL Ads - Why Would you Post That?

All I can say is ... Why Would you Post That? Here are a couple of interesting ads I found today while perusing CL. I thought I'd share them with you!



Ad # 1 "Best Pit Ever!!!"
I actually think it is from a rescue but they don't put that info in there so it's really hard to tell. It's a cute dog with a nice write up ... however I have to admit that I would never consider putting something like this in an ad for an adoptable dog: "Brownie also just loves to spoon with you as you go to sleep" Ok. "SAY WHAT!?" I'm sure you're thinking to yourself "did I read that right?" but yes ... they actually did post that. Seriously ... why would you post that?!



Ad # 2 "give Charlie a home"
Ok ... I'm sorry but any ad that says "chiwawa" in it rather than Chihuahua has some issues. It literally makes me SHUDDER. Spell Check! I honestly believe that if you can't spell the breed of your own dog you should look it up before posting - otherwise, why would you post that? Oh, and by the way "there is a re homein fee" so any interested parties should make sure you bring that along with you when you go pick him up.



Ad # 3 "2 lovely dogs for rehoming"
The only reason why I grabbed this one is because they are advertising two "pappy-poos" for rehoming. If you are like me and are asking yourself "What the hell is a Pappy-poo?" It is a Papillion / Poodle mix. Surprise! The latest in designer breeds? Not sure ... I suppose I've not been following the designer dogs so much since I'm not aware of the latest mutt they're passing off as disirable. I really should keep up with these things ... PAH. The ad has pictures - they look pretty fugly to me, but maybe I'm not the best person to ask about such things. Honestly ... if you are trying to find homes for your dogs, why not take pictures of the dogs when they are nicely groomed?? Otherwise ... Why Would You Post That?!

3 comments:

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

I can't even look at the craigslist ads anymore, EVER! I gave it up awhile back.

Calsidyrose said...

Spooning=sleeping alongside you right up next to you along your back or tummy. My small dog sleeps behind my husband's knees. I grew up spooning with dogs--my arm thrown across them. I guess it's not the worst thing I've seen on Craigslist by a long shot. If you don't let your dogs sleep in your bed at all, then I suppose it's a turn-off, but lots of people do.

The miss-spelled words, though, they make it terrifically difficult to read the ads and certainly hampers the ad's effectiveness. Maybe other poor spellers respond to these ads!

bichonpawz said...

I can't read the Craig's List posts anymore. They make me sick! Seriously....WHY would people post that stuff??? I totally agree with you!!