Monday, April 12, 2010

Featured Rescue - Babe the Black Labrador

It's Black Dog Monday -- yahoo! Today's Featured Rescue is Babe, the Black Labrador Retriever. Babe was hit by a car and required surgery to repair her injuries. She had a broken pelvis in at least 3 places, a cracked femur , and severe bruising on her lungs. She also tested positive for heartworm and is taking meds to combat them. Poor gal hasn't had the best time yet.
Babe is currently being cared for by The Animal Rescue Foundation of Ontario which is located in London, ON.
The rescue doesn't mention this, but that vet bill is going to be huge. Babe's adoption fee won't cover it. Because of this, I have decided to donate all advertising fees I receive from the month of April on this blog to ARF. Why? Because they didn't mention it.

6 comments:

GoLightly said...

Oh, Babe.

Good luck, and kudos, DDF!

GoLightly said...

Mind if I hi-Jack, DDF, just this once?
The Humane Laws, and why they drive me crazy. My neighbour has a TB Stallion in her garage. Check my blog for full story/updates, but suffice it to say, he needs help, and it may not happen in a timely fashion, for the horse. Neighbour likes to keeps animal in that amorphous "borderline" state.
Has food, water, shelter. That's about it. Cleanliness, turn-out, fresh air, no, not part of being humane. That is inhumane. That is what's missing from those laws. Animals must have enrichment & Cleanliness!!! How long will it take for that kind old gentleman,with his infinite patience, as he stands, and cribs and cribs and cribs and cribs. Paces his justenough perimeter. Gazes out the screenless sunny window. Wishes for horses. Wishes for his old life back, soft grass underfoot, after training/racing for almost half his life. Now on concrete, and a thin layer of filthy straw, 23.75/24. She'll have it half-arsed clean for the OSPCA if/when they show up again. She'll "procure" her next bale of straw. I've called several more times. What else can I do? Part of the helplessly angry world, that's me? Why can't OSPCA do more? More quickly, so the animal doesn't get hurt or worse? Why is Dire Straits the only actionable offense? No idea. But it's wrong, wrong, wrong.

I tried to put this on Facebook, but it's toooo long. I'm extremely annoyed, I needed to share. Thanks.

bichonpawz said...

Oh....poor Babe!!! I sure hope that she is healed and finds her forever home soon...you are doing a wonderful thing for her! Kudos to you.

Mommy Levy said...

I like your blog. Care to exchange links with me? My site is not dog related but I agree with you, that dogs deserve freedom.

BlogName: Living life to the Fullest!
URL:http://livinglifetodfullest.blogspot.com/

Living life to the Fullest!

Puplover said...

I am so with you, every dog deserves a chance!!

Dog Signs said...

That was so terrible, I just hope that babe will be alright through all the processes take that she have to. You have a very nice blog and a very generous deed.