Thursday, July 7, 2011

Climbing back into the saddle

It's hard to get back to blogging when you've taken a hiatus. The longer you stay away, the more difficult it is to come back. Things are starting to calm down on this front and so I have a little more time to actually stop and think. Crazy, no?



I have spent the last few months reeling from all sorts of things including puppies, humane society stuff, work stuff (it's our busiest time of year), business stuff (I run a part time business in addition to my full time job), and the newest component ... pregnancy! Yep, you read that rightly. I've spent the last 3 months battling morning sickness, nausea and vertigo (among other symptoms).



So, now that the morning sickness is leaving (slowly), I am ready to get back to everything else; including blogging.



That said ... it is quite likely that my blog topics may take a bit of a turn now that we'll be preparing for baby. My husband and I will spend the next few months preparing our dogs and cats for our new arrival ... that's right - we will begin to actually TRAIN our animals to expect the new baby!



I know. I know. That's crazy talk. Why would we ever prepare the members of our family for the upcoming screaming and crying and pooping and vomiting and smelling and everything else baby. Why are we doing this again?? Oh yeah, so we have a cute kid for fundraising at the humane society events ... er ... I mean ... because we are ready to take the next step in our life. Yeah. Right. That's it.



Anyway, I'm going to be plowing through all sorts of different training in the next few months. It is quite likely that I will take you all along for the ride. After all ... it isn't every day that you have the opportunity to try and train bitey-mc-bitey ACD to be gentle with baby!!



I will also resume my "normal" blog posts, beginning with an update from the shelter.

3 comments:

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Congratulations!

Hopefully, your baby perp tips will be a resource for those idiots that think they need to get rid of the dog/cat to make room for Junior!

Welcome back to blogville!

Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
Stumpy and me

GoLightly said...

Awww! Congratulations to you both, what a fine brood mare I mean mom you will make!

Look forward to whatever you can manage to type!

Sparkle said...

Congratulations! Fur kids, non-fur kids - things will never get boring at your house!