Sunday, April 19, 2009

Featured Rescue - Sweeney the Schnauzer

I think this is the nicest adoption posting I've read for a while. In light of what could be made out to be a disastrous situation, it actually seems more matter-of-fact.

The person who wrote it isn't pushing the "emotions" button and is actually looking on the bright side. I have found that many animal rescue people spin things negatively and it gets a bit depressing. I know why they do it - because it is what motivates them. It just gets tiring.


Anyway, here's Sweeney. He's a 5 year old MN schnauzer. He's currently in Cleveland, OH and is looking for a new home.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13480665

3 comments:

GoLightly said...

Oh, that is a sad ad:(
I know my family would do it's best, but still.
Hope he finds a great home.
He's very cute.

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

If anything happens to me and my son doesn't take my dog I will haunt him waaaaay long after eternity. I have made alternative arrangements, just in case.

I hope Sweeney finds a great forever home, he's a good looking schnauzer witha good attitude.

Dog_geek said...

Awww, I am sure that Sweeney will find a great home - who wouldn't want such a handsome fellow.