Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Featured Rescue - Eubie the Border Collie

I know, I already ran a Border Collie a while back, but one of my client's secretaries just bought a Border Collie so my brain is on them. Also, there's a Border Collie close by here whose owner died and they are trying to figure out what to do with him - I'm encouraging the Estate to keep him out of the shelters ... many Border Collies I've met don't do well in shelter environments. I am hoping they called Border Collie Rescue, but I haven't heard back from the lady ... If they still have him when I've adopted out my current, maybe I'll go take a look at him. He was an outdoor-only farm dog, so he'll need a fair amount of work and retraining.

There are currently 4,618 Border Collies on Petfinder. Most rescues I know have a "no young children" policy for BCs available for adoption. It makes me sad that they have had to do this but I understand the necessity.
This guy is Eubie. The first thing that popped in my head when I read his ad was "Good Grief! Couldn't they pick a better name?" Eubie came in as a stray to a county shelter and was pulled by a local rescue group in Ohio. Sounds like the rescue group is taking good care of him.
If you're interested in a Border Collie, I encourage you to go check out the shelters or rescues before buying a puppy.

5 comments:

Mkcoy said...

Bless I hope he finds a new home for life soon. Hope they give him a new name as well?

Andrea said...

What a cutie! I hope he finds a home. Border Collies are such great dogs...it's so sad that so many of them end up in rescue because owners did not do their research up front and understand the demands of this wonderful breed. I would have ten of them if I had the space and time! :)

Unknown said...

Oh boy! I think I"m enough for my mom. I wish I could get a brother...

Norwood

sen and qi said...

Oh he is a real Sweetie. It is really sad so many animals now are abandoned especially with the impending financial crisis. They need good looking after like children. Owners must be well educated before they should take on such responsibility.

GoLightly said...

Good luck, Eubie!

At least he isn't called Scooby.