Sunday, May 10, 2009

Featured Rescue - the Welsh Corgi

Today's feature is the Welsh Corgi. I wasn't a big fan of this breed until I met one owned by a friend of mine and I have since withdrawn my previous opinion. The family recently welcomed a new baby into the house and again - I'm impressed with her.

This little guy hasn't had it as easy as the Corgi I know. This is Codi. You probably noticed that he hasn't got any eyes - they were both removed due to glaucoma. He is reportedly food aggressive and isn't good with other dogs. I wonder how much of it is due to the fact that he's blind ... or perhaps the dogs he's met are not the best ones to train around? I don't know. I also don't know how recently he had his eyes removed - if it is new, he's probably still in the transitional stage. Anyway, this guy needs someone to give him a chance and spend some time teaching him appropriate behaviours.

4 comments:

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

OH he is so cute.. There is a Corgi that goes herding with us sometimes. He loves it..
Tell Mom Happy Mom's day from the Three Heelers. Give her a big hug..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

GoLightly said...

Good grief.

The poor thing.

It wouldn't be "some" time, DDF.
That would take quite a bit of time.
The rest of the dog's life, I would think.

Angus said...

Hope you don't mind but I mentioned your blog as being really helpful. If you don't like the link let me know and I'll remove it

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

Gus, Louie and Callie - Does being a mom to fuzzy fourleggers count? :)

GoLightly - no kidding. It "would" be a lifelong training session. However, I do believe that training is lifelong for all dogs. I am always finding new things for my guys to learn

Angus - I went and read the post. Looks great! Thanks! I'm going to go leave a comment now ...