Thursday, June 11, 2009

CL Rant - Beware the Creepers

I clicked on this ad on CraigsList and shuddered. I would hope it's someone's idea of a practical joke and not really an actual ad. I don't put much past people these days though.

How creepy is this? Reminds me of Pet Cemetary ... wouldn't you just like to take this guy home?

I would like to add one more thing to that Pet Posting Guidelines list:

* If you want someone to take your dog, make sure the picture you put up of him is flattering. Your dog could be the cutest thing in the world, but if the picture you post makes him look like FUGLIEST thing on Earth than no one will want him (except maybe the lab suppliers or the collectors).

8 comments:

mytwh said...

Is that dog missing an eye? Poor thing. I bet it isn't a joke. How sad :(

GoLightly said...

Ewwwwwwww.
What is that???

A designer's idea of a dead dog?

Hope the critter is okay.

jeeesh.

mytwh said...

I have a small CL rant. I went on there to look around and someone has a blind 10 year old Cocker Spaniel for free posted on there. Excuse for why she can no longer keep her wonderful dog, becuase she's now working full-time and doesn't have time for her!

How sad for that poor dog. I so want to email this person and let her know that I too work full-time but manage to have time for my 2 young dogs that probably have a ton more energy than her old blind dog does. Of course I won't because it won't do any good. Poor old girl.

T said...

Sadly, I am sure it is a real add. People just don't take the time to take flattering pictures of their dogs on CL. Most of them have such lame excuses anyways, so very sad.

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

craigslist is non stop sad, ugly, frustrating and plenty of other things. I am so glad I am in recovery and don't allow myself to read those adds, every day.

Kasha said...

That is ridiculous and creepy! Good point!

Lacy said...

w00fs, theirs a gray cat wiff a half tail runs round here that looks like it comed from pet cemetary too..

b safe
~Roccky~

shane rocket said...

wow- i want to take him to rescue him from stupid photographers...