Thursday, January 14, 2010

News Reel - Born to be a Hero

This news article is a little late in posting but I thought I'd share it anyway. There's an 18 month old Golden Retriever who protected his young owner (11 year old boy, Austin) from being attacked by a cougar.



(I'm talking about the four legged, furry kind with pointy teeth ... not the two legged, scantily clad kind in stilettos.)



Born to be a hero: Why Angel saved the day



Check out the above link, it's pretty neat. They had Stanley Coren analyze the act after the fact and this news article explains his take on it. It's a pretty interesting article.

2 comments:

GoLightly said...

Wow.
Amazing story!

What a good dog!

Melissa said...

Good dog. Extra cookies.

My impression was that cougars are generally scared of dogs - I've heard stories of lap dogs treeing them. I wonder what was wrong with this one that it would A) attack a human and B) do so despite the presence of a dog.