Monday, January 25, 2010

Featured Rescue - Black Dog Monday

I've blogged in the past about Black Dog Syndrome; in a nutshell, some people decided to do some research to prove that black dogs aren't adopted very often and in a shelter/rescue environment are euthanized more often than any other colour of dog (though anyone who works or volunteers regularly at a shelter could tell you that).



Because of this, I have been toying with the idea of making a day specifically for Black Dogs and have decided to make that Mondays. I will try to post a picture of a black dog in rescue or shelter on Mondays. If you know of a black dog that should be listed, please don't hesitate to let me know.



Today's Featured Rescue is a Black Labrador Retriever named Oscar. I chose Oscar to feature because this is the worst picture I've ever seen taken of a dog for adoption. Someone's got to tell the Buffalo Paws and Claws Animal Shelter, Inc that they really need to take better photos.
Oscar has so many wonderful things going for him; good with kids, good with other dogs, good with cats, crate trained, almost house trained ... so why would they take such crappy pictures?? Good grief! Poor guy ... not only is he a big black dog, but he's also got the worst picture on Petfinder that I could find!
If you ever run into a dog or cat in rescue who is looking for a home with a real CRAPPY picture (doesn't matter what colour or breed the animal is), let me know and I'll post it. In addition, if you find a black dog that you would like to see featured, please send the link to me.

2 comments:

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

I agree! A decent picture can make or break a dogs chance of getting adopted!

I like the black dog Monday idea! Good thinking!

here's hoping Oscar finds his forever home, Today!

GoLightly said...

He looks embarrassed, for sure.

Good luck, Oscar!