Saturday, January 10, 2009

Campaign - Chaining Dogs

I was flipping through the CraigsList postings today and found the following campaign website:

Dogs Deserve Better

It sounded so familiar to my blog that I thought I'd put it up here. Basically it is a group that is against chaining dogs up and is working to get laws passed that prevent this.

Sounds like a good campaign. Me, I have other campaigns that I work on, but I thought I'd pass this one on just in case some of you would be interested in it.

I couldn't find any interesting tidbits about it, though as far as I could tell, it is a profit organization, which means it is NOT a charity.

1 comment:

Sully said...

When we bought the house we live in now we had to "chain" Rocko on a runner for a few months during the day. We had a fence put up after that, but he did just fine on the runner. We had a thirty foot line from tree to tree and a 10 foot leash with a pully on it. He had lots of room to run and we only kept him on it when we were home. He spent most of his time indoors. I think that using a runner is fine for limited time, but no dog should be stuck full time on a chain.