Saturday, March 28, 2009

Asshat Rant - Asshats Rehoming Dogs

I found this post on the Boston CL. Check it out. You too could own a senior (8 years old) beagle who is "fat and lazy"! Doesn't this ad just make you want to go out and get this dog?

"He shouldn't go to a home with kids under 5" ... I wonder why? Has he bitten someone? Or simply growled? Maybe he doesn't like kids that treat him as a play thing or a toy ...


Ok, so I'm one of the suckers who would take him if I were looking for a beagle ... but that's me. I like beagles (we have a 14 year old one now). I know that the poor dog is probably over fed and under exercised and with a lack of interesting stimulation, probably seems lazy. He's also getting older so probably is taking more naps throughout the day than he did when he was younger. Also, he may need a senior blood panel run on him to ensure he doesn't have any thyroid (or other) issues.

"We don't have time for him that he deserves" why not? What a crappy excuse. I'm thinking that from now on, anyone who uses that as an excuse to get rid of their dog is an asshat. People seem to really like to use that excuse. No, correction ... Asshats seem to really like that excuse.

I bet the only reason is because he's getting older and you don't want him anymore. Asshat.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next asshat is also from Boston. (Come on, Boston! What's going on out there?). This post had me shaking my head. I don't even have words for it other than ... asshat and worse.


"He does not like children though at all! He also bites when he is scared. Jeremy does not like/ is scared of loud noises, strangers, animals, children, red, and vacums." Seriously ... this does not make me want to take your dog. Asshat.

"Aside from that he is the best dog and will be a good addition to your home as long as you do not have children or anything mentioned above." Ok, so I could adopt your dog, live in isolation with no people or animals around; don't ever clean the house and try not to wear red. That's going to happen. Asshat.

Couldn't you have gone out with your camera and taken a better picture than that? Asshat.

4 comments:

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That is pretty sad. They are just putting out a "Do not Adopt" sign on those poor pups. What were they thinking?


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

GoLightly said...

That GSD looks like a real nice dog. Too bad his temperament is broken.

Poor beagle!


ArseHats.

ChrisJ said...

It may be my spidey sense but I think the GSD one is a fake. Partly due to the over the top writing (he hates the color red?) but also his position & the man's stance makes me think he's going for a sleeve which means he's a schutzhund dog. So I think this is a joke from one person to another.

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

It's possible that the GSD is a fake. Yes, it does look like a schutzhund pic. That being said ... I have met dogs that don't like certain colours. Or who will see a certain sweater style as a trigger. One of my more difficult dogs I rehabbed went crazy whenever I wore a leather jacket - even though I had been working him for 12 weeks and I was a trusted person.

You'd be amazed at some of the triggers that dogs will get. I just sigh whenever someone says "he just attacked with no provocation" because I start to wonder what the triggers are for that dog.